Saturday, December 5, 2015

ListiaMania VII

Another week bites the dust, just a few more left in 2015, which is shocking. Time does fly when you get old. With it being the weekend, here comes another installment of ListiaMania.

Basically, I run down all the cards I got off Listia from the past week, my thoughts on them, why got them and things of that nature. A few caveats though, I'm still on my scanning embargo, so cards I received that need scanning will be saved for a later date. Also an update on the new scanner, it's in at Wal-Mart, all I have to do is go pick it up and there is no way in hell I'm stepping foot in that store on the weekend, especially in December.

Lets get started, shall we?...


Adam Jones, 2012 Topps Chrome - I am a fan of Adam Jones, so I've been flirting with starting to collect his cards, then just not doing it, until I see them. I saw this one and got it. 984 points.

Adam Jones and Angel Pagan, 2011 Topps Heritage - This Heritage set pops up again. With me winding down 2014 Heritage, 2011 is in my sights, but I could not find a single blaster on eBay. This set may be tougher than I thought. Jones was 1,008 points and Pagan was 262 points.

Adam Wainwright, 2011 Topps Lineage - I went off on the Lineage set last week, this week I will refrain. It's Cardinal card I didn't have. 1,237 points.

Joe Torre, 1993 Ted Williams - I will always forever have a soft spot for 1993 Ted Williams. In a time when sports cards were either plain and boring or gaudy looking, 1993 Ted Williams looked classy. This set is awesome, I wish I had more. 606 points.

Manny Ramirez, 2002 Fleer Platinum - I like this set solely for the 1987 Fleer design. 984 Points.

Manny Ramirez, 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces - I went gushing over this set last week, so I won't do it again. But I do love these cards. 565 points.

Ozzie Smith, 1988 K-Mart - This came in a two card lot with a 1986 Topps All-Star card of Ozzie, which I already have two of. This card I did not have, which is why I wanted to win the auction. The '86 All-Star card is in much better shape than the K-Mart card, so I'm already looking for a replacement. lol 1,014 points.

And now, the card of the week...

Starlin Castro, 2010 Topps Update rookie card - If I wasn't on a scanning embargo, this wouldn't be my pick, but alas I am, so it is. It's probably the best card I got all week, which is why I picked it. 808 points.

Thanks for reading, everyone. But before you go, looking ahead to next week, I may do two entries, one on my new scanner and one for sure on 2003 Upper Deck Vintage. A bought a quasi box of them on Black Friday and I will share my thoughts on them as I tore through the entire box in a day. So much for savoring them. lol So, watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment