Sunday, November 22, 2015

ListiaMania V and Holidays - Not Matt Holliday

Welcome to this week's installment of what cards I got off of Listia, a short porch this time around, only a few cards. I'm not really sure why, I haven't really slowed down. I'll blame it on the USPS being bogged down this time of year. With all that said, let's start...


Alfonso Soriano, 2010 Topps Chrome. Um, no picture because the Trading Card Database currently does not have one for it and I am on a scanning embargo, until I get a new one. As for the card, a sucker for Chrome cards if they're cheap. 200 points.


Alcides Escobar, 2011 Topps Heritage. Still not full tilt all the way on with this set, but if the chance for me to get a card arises, I won't pass it up.

Chris Carpenter, 2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes. Growing up, I always liked the look of the Baseball Heroes inserts, reminiscent of the 1959 Topps set, sans the Christmas light colors. 299 points.

Jim Edmonds, 2007 Upper Deck. I usually don't like going after flagship cards until I'm ready to start the set, but I don't see me starting this one anytime within the next decade, so yeah. Plus it's Edmonds. 299 points.

Albert Pujols, 2002 Topps Chrome. Another sans picture because of my embargo, but it's a pretty card, take my word for it. 5,050 points.

And now, drum-roll please, the card of the week from my Listia haul...

Dustin Pedroia, 2013 Topps Cut to the Chase. It would have been the Pujols, but it doesn't have a picture, so it can jog on, not that this card isn't worthy - I'm a Cardinals fan, what would you expect? This is a set I'm trying to complete, 8 out of the 48 I have. So, some progress is being made.3,000 points.

------------------------------------

This was suppose to be posted a day earlier, but not a dollar short, except for the fact my power was knocked out yet again all morning and afternoon following a small snow storm. Twice in a week and a half the power was out for multiple hours. Not fun.

Anyways, more stuff...The last time, I mentioned my newly acquired 2015 Gypsy Queen Mini Red Ozzie Smith, this came in the mail the other day...

Ozzie Smith, 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Black #'d/199. A sexy looking card (not my scan though). I saw the lot on eBay and since I don't really go over a certain price on lots and loose cards, it was probably no more then $5. It was a five card 2013 Mini Black lot, with two other "who cares?" players and a Yeonis Cespedes (no scan, sorry). Killed two birds with one stone there.

Looking ahead to next week and ListiaMania VI, I expect another short porch, because well it's a short porch week. lol Even though I do have two pages of um-received, so who knows.

Before that though, we have three holidays in a row. Thanksgiving, Black Firday it's a f*cking holiday now, don't even try to deny it. But what's the third?...Oh yeah....It's my flippin' birthday the day before Thanksgiving. lol My birthday should totally be a national holiday. I mean it would be next year if stupid leap year didn't happen.

Honestly though, you know how much it sucks having my birthday fall on Thanksgiving is? It's not fun. It's happened a few times, once every seven years. At least twice in my adult hood. I just want to be left alone to my own devices and I love my family. I'm just not one to go crazy with my birthday, in fact, I like to be left alone and be it business as usual. I'm pretty straight edge (I hate that term), I don't drink so I'm not going to go out and get drunk and party my d*ck off.

A night in with my significant other, pizza delivered - because I'm not cooking on MY birthday lol, Then maybe some Fallout 4 when she goes to sleep. Now that sounds like a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment