Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Bob 'n Weave or: How I Float Like a Butterfly

Yesterday my mail box exploded with stuff, no trades though as it's been pretty quiet on that front, maybe later in the week one will come in. But a few cards from Listia came in and well, they're worth showing off, I hope so...

2011 Topps 60 Years of Topps, Stan Musial. A reprint of the '61 Topps Musial card. It's a Cardinal card, which is pretty much the only reason I got it. lol  1,069 points on Lista, not too bad.

 
2013 Topps Update 1971 Topps Mini, Yoenis Cespedes. I've been on a Cespedes kick the past few months, before he was traded to the Mets and I wanted this, even though I'm really not a big fan of mini's. 3.313 points. A little high, but what can you do?

 
2010 Topps Update Turkey Red, Lou Brock (my scan). I like the Turkey Red cards and Lou Brock is a Cardinal. Put two and two together. I have one problem with the card though, Lou Brock looks far more cartoonish in it than any other player in the Turkey Red set. It looks...Odd. 1,588 points on Listia. A solid pick-up.

2005 Flair Diamond Cuts Jersey Die Cut, Mark Prior (my scan). I'm not a Cubs fan, but this looks like a nice card, it's also numbered 68/75. A relic with pinstripe, very nice. The card is damaged a little bit around the jersey, it looks like someone bent it causing there to be creases along the top part of the swatch. It sucks but oh well. 8.938 points at Listia. Yeah, I was bid up in the closing moments. A little excessive spending on my behalf. lol That's it for Listia, but one more new card...

1996 Ultra Call to the Hall Gold Medallion, Ozzie Smith (my scan). Got this on eBay for $2 shipped. Pretty low if you ask me for a cool card. I can't let an entry go by without getting a new Ozzie.

And now for some clean-up...

 
Uno, dos, tres, Kerry Wood. 1999 Ultra Gold Medallion (my scan), 1999 Upper Deck Collector's Choice StarQuest and 2009 Upper Deck (my scan). These were cards I was going to do for my TTM auto gimmick, but I changed my mind and picked three different Kerry Wood cards. I traded for all three as well. lol The first two from 49ants at the Trading Card Database a while back and the bottom one from mrbenaka also at the TCDB a while back as well.

Some Cardinals fan I am, talking about the Cubs for half the blog. Hey, I live in Illinois!

No comments:

Post a Comment