Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Break on Through or: How I Got to the Other Side

Well, I always hate the open of these blogs, I never know what to type and I fear that I repeat myself, but oh wells. Lets start with a trade...

Another from corozco at the Trading Card Database. I gave up some Angels, Dodgers and Cardinals scattered across '91 Studio, '12 Heritage, '15 Gypsy Queen and '15 Heritage and got back '14 and '15 Heritage to help me with those sets and some pretty nifty inserts...

2015 Topps Archetypes, Jeter, Gwynn, Pujols and Mays. Only seven more needed for this insert set. I didn't think I'd ever finish it, but the light at the end of the tunnel seems closer.

 
2015 Topps Gallery of Greats, Mays and Clemente. Another insert set from 2015 Topps I'd like to finish, I only have 4 though, these are a bit more pricey than the Archetypes or Heart of the Order inserts.

Thanks to corozco for the trade. He's a very good trader. I have two more trades on the way, one big and one small. So look for me to ramble about them next week.

Now moving on to some Listia items...

1996 Ultra Call to the Hall, Ryne Sandberg. Recently got the Ozzie Gold Medallion of this set, now a Medallion less Sandberg. 671 points on Listia, not bad for a card with $8 book value.

 
2010 Topps Cards Your Mom Threw Out, Roger Maris. I'm a sucker for reprints of old cards. 1,510 points.

 
2015 Topps WWE NXT Prospects, Hideo Itami. I'm a wrestling fan and Itami is awesome. He's not a big name in the States, but in Japan where he wrestled as KENTA, he's a very big name. His finisher is the GTS, which CM Punk ripped off from him. lol 1,510 points again.

That's it for Listia, but one more thing to talk about before I wrap it up. I bought three separate lots off eBay last week and they came yesterday, one lot is a 50+ card lot of 2013 Gypsy Queen, that I'm secretly working on, don't tell anybody. A 50+ card lot of 2014 Gypsy Queen, which I may get to at some point. and a 30+ card lot of serial numbered cards. Roughly 140 cards for $7. Here's the kicker, the seller paid $11 for shipping. Ouch! That does suck.

Now a bunch of the serial number cards do need scanning, but I did a few already. Of the 30+ cards, mostly were baseball, some basketball and a few football...The football I think were the standouts though...because here is one...

'
2013 Topps Pink, Geno Smith rookie card #'d/399. There is this, which I hope I can unload and quickly. lol

 
2012 Topps Camo, Ndamukong Suh #'d/399. The camo border fits him perfectly, I currently have this on Listia, who knows if anybody wants it.

Those were the two big cards out of that lot, I think so anyways. Hopefully I can unload some of them in trades, the lot was only $1, so it's not a huge gamble. Plus there was a 2011 Gypsy Queen George Sissler Framed Bronze in the group, worth it right there. Over the next few posts, I'll end with what I've recently scanned out of the lot.

Oh and this has skipped my mind for the past several entries, not today though, with the 2010 Topps set, I passed 33,000 cards in my collection and the card that got me there was...
 2010 Topps #380, J.D. Drew.

Fitting that a former Cardinal gets me over the hump? Kismet? Karma? Another K-word that describes a chance occurrence that I don't know?

That's it for now. Make sure you charge the right amount for shipping on eBay, or you're just giving your stuff away. Oh and make sure the cute girl at the post office gives you correct change and the stamps you bought. Now I have to go back, dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment