Monday, August 17, 2015

Dunzo or: How I'm All About That Base

First off, another TTM Auto came in today and it's a twofer...

Former A's and Cardinals manager Tony LaRussa. No doubles of a LaRussa in Cardinals uniform though and I didn't want to break up any sets, so I settled on a 1989 Pacific Legends, which I don't have a double of and a 1992 Topps.

Another card that came in the mail...

Adam Jones, 2015 Gypsy Queen Relic. I bought this off eBay for the sole purpose of scanning it and putting the pictures up on the Trading Card Database. Yep. It was only a $1 and I like these low-end relics. Justification Holmes!

Also in the mail was a trade from dsorek at the TCDB. We swapped 2015 Topps, he got inserts and I got base cards. Still a few to go on 2015 Topps, also in the trade was a 2012 Topps Stephen Strasburg. Still a haul of ways to go there too.

And last, but certainly not least in the mail was....

Javier Baez, Gypsy Queen #91 and Dalton Pompey, Gypsy Queen #107. And those two cards wrap up my 2015 Gypsy Queen set. When I say set, I don't mean the short prints, they may be add slowly over time. The variations can go take a hike as well. I have the complete base set done. 1-300. All there. Although I would like to have another Ozzie Smith, just so I can have one for the set and one for my Ozzie collection...


Oh, the perils of being a card collector...Sing it with me...'Cause I'm all about that base, about that base. Yes I went there!




No comments:

Post a Comment