Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I Don't Want No Scruggs: 2013 Gypsy Queen - Day 6, a 2015 Chrome Blaster and Autographs

Another week and some more Gypsy Queen, four packs left out of these two blasters, lets break that down some more. Parks are opened in real time...

#279, Lance Lynn. A Cardinal right out of the gate.

#126, Edwin Encarnacion.

Adam Jones, Sliding Stars insert

#348, Warren Spahn Mini

#159, Wade Miley. Double.

#203, Dayan Viciedo.



Now onto pack two...
#335, Alfonso Soriano. Boo the Cubs. Boo.

#233, Ike Davis. Ah f*ck it, boo the Mets too. Boo.

Madison Bumgarner Dealing Aces insert. I really like the look of this insert set.

#51, Clay Buchholz Black Mini #99/199.

#234, Corey Hart. Double.

#266, Fernando Rodney. Double.

End of the Gypsy Queen for today, tomorrow is the last two packs...

Also here today, some 2015 Topps Chrome Blaster talk. I was at the store yesterday and I said what's the hell, lets get a blaster of it. I'm not going to go through the whole thing, just some of the highlights. I've got a few Chrome cards through trades and other ways, I like this years set over the previous years I've seen, maybe the color border has something to do with it. Anyways, the highlights...

From the base, the highlights were a Jeter which is always a cool pull, Kolten Wong, Clayton Kershaw, Masahiro Tanaka, Daniel Norris rookie, Steven Moya rookie, Jacob deGrom and Brandon Finnegan rookie. That's the main base highlights, I think. lol The Sepia pack was, ugh.

Now onto the fancy stuff....

Clayton Kershaw, Prism Refractor


Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez, Prism Refractor

Adam Wainwright, Refractor. Doesn't look like it in the scan, but it is.

Dellin Betances, Refractor. It looks a little refractory. lol

Anthony Ranaudo, Future Stars insert

...and the anomaly of the box...


Xavier Scruggs base, Xavier Scruggs Refractor and Xavier Scruggs Auto. The refractor came first, then the base, then Auto. It's strange when that happens, right? At first I thought the first two were doubles (same with the Kershaw) until I actually looked at them in the light. The Auto is my first pulled, which is cool. This is something I would usually bitch about and mock Topps about, I don't mind it too much since he's a Cardinal. lol

And to top of this entry....

Pat Neshek Auto, 2014 Topps Heritage.

Pat Neshek Auto, 2014 Topps Update.

The last of the TTM Auto's I sent out before taking a little break from it. The second time I've sent to him, from everything I read he's a great signer, so that's a plus. This time I sent some Cardinal cards, instead of Astros like last time. Here's the strange thing though, he didn't return the cards in the top holders I sent them in, in return he sent them in between a stack of 2015 Topps Series 2 cards. lol Who knew baseball players collected cards? lol

So, that's it for today, until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment