Thursday, October 29, 2015

No, You're the Oddball

Since getting back into collecting, roughly six months ago, I've picked up quite a few stray cards that I haven't really sorted yet, they currently fill a 550 count box and 300 count box respectively. They were got though trades, buying lots off eBay and Listia, things of that nature since I have yet to step foot in a card shop or show.

Now oddballs are part of everybody's collection, you get them while eating cereal...

Snacking down on some tastey meat snacks and aside from apparently getting cancer, you get a card!


And if you came from a family like I did, where frozen pizza was supper, because mom and dad worked all day, you got a card!


Then there are the nefarious oddballs, the ones that are unlicensed...

And then the ones where you just have no idea about...


Oddballs are a way of life while collecting, I've got my fair share of them. Some stranger than others, but the whole point of this, is I need to sort my new cards into my old cards, which I'm dreading doing.

The problem with my sorting, I have no idea where anything is, I need to look in multiple boxes sometimes to find one simple thing. I used to have an index card slipped in with the box, telling me which sets are which and what's what. That didn't last long because the index cards got in the way, taping them to the top was out of the question because it would ruin the box.

I'm going to toy with a new way, writing a small number on the side of the box and then making a checklist in Word of the sets in the corresponding boxes. It may take some time, but it's something that needs to be done.

Join me Saturday for ListiaMania 2, where I will rundown all of my gettings from this past week. The card I was waiting for last week came in, I was very happy, will it be my Listia card of the week though? Ooh, I don't know. Something might come in tomorrow, which reminds me, I have a butt ton of stuff to mail tomorrow. I wish I had this oddball stamp...

I need to book a trip to Grenada apparently...

See, I knew I'd pull something out of my ass. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment