Saturday, October 31, 2015

ListiaMania 2

Welcome to this week's installment of my Listia haul from the week. First off, want to explain a a few things, the points behind each card is basically how many points I gave for them. There are many ways to get these points, you can do stupid things on their website, post your own stuff or buy them, personally I would never buy them. A typical week, I put up three cards that I think will do marginally well, a couple thousand points, and post items on the weekend for bonus points, usually post "junk era" cards then, because they typically get no interest. Around 4,000 points equal a dollar to give some context.

Long winded explanation over with, lets get into the cards...

Chris Carpenter, 2006 Ultra Strikeout Kings. A good looking insert set, I love the Cardinals and Ultra, so this was a no brainer. 2,242 points, a little high, but oh well.


Ryan Ludwick, 2010 Topps Heritage. Not a Heritage set I'm going to go full on with, getting the Cardinal cards will satisfy me enough.101 points, my cheapest win.

Yogi Berra, 2012 Topps Gypsy Queen Framed Gold. Going for the full 100 card set, only 97 to go. Never going to happen. 3,363 points. The seller also threw in this bonus card...

Lou Gehrig, 2012 Topps Gypsy King Hallmark Heroes. Always cool to get a bonus.
 
Barry Bonds, 1996 Ultra Call to the Hall. Another Call to the Hall insert knocked out via Listia, a set I wouldn't be opposed to finishing, they're excellent looking cards. 2,689 points, not bad at all with a card that has a $12 book value.
 
Yadier Molina, 2014 Topps Triple Threads. Such a thick card (that's what she said), wow. It's Yadi, why wouldn't I get it? 2,242 points.

Giancarlo Stanton, 2015 Topps Chrome. Just because. 202 points.

Ron Gant, 1998 Circa Thunder. So, this came out of a Cardinals lot I got, the seller did a terrible job at packing the cards, 15 in total. The envelope was ripped on three of the four side, looks like it might have got stuck in a processing machine. lol Some of the cards were badly damaged, probably because of the machine and that's not a big deal, they're going into my collection, I didn't plan on trading them. The Ron Gant card piqued my interest in the lot, because it was colorful and I had no idea what it was, so I bid. Curiosity killed the cat on this one. lol 563 points, luckily not that much.

 
Albert Pujols, 2006 Topps. It was also in the above stated lot, but damaged. lol


Yadier Molina, 2008 Topps Allen & Ginter. Yadi has been my favorite Cardinal player for probably close to decade now, he's the backbone of the team, so is it unimaginable that I want every Yadi card ever made? lol 1,669 points

And now, my favorite Listia card from the week..

Albert Pujols, 2010 Topps Heritage All-Star Short Print. When I saw this card, I thought I'd watch it and would see what happened with it, I thought this was something that would draw in a lot of interest, literally only 2 bids, For comparison a few weeks ago, I put up a 2015 Topps base card of Pujols, 7 bids and over 1,000 points. So maybe this card isn't all that special or I got very lucky. Overall I like the design of the All-Star cards, with the players bursting through a newspaper, it was one of the few good things that I like with the original '61 Topps design and then the '10 Heritage. Only 2,021 points.

Looking ahead to next week, Tuesday I have story about a bad morning I had, that lead to baseball cards. Thursday? No idea. Then next Saturday, ListiaMania III, looking ahead to that and what hasn't come in yet...I would say nothing spectacular, some cool things, nothing amazing though. I go for the low hanging fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment