Saturday, October 24, 2015

ListiaMania

Welcome to a new feature, where on Saturday's I plow through all my Listia gettings from the week. Mostly it will be baseball cards, which fits in with this blog nicely, I haven't really looked at too much other stuff on the Listia website, other people's clothes, toys, movies or video games don't really interest me all that much. Enough with the jibber jabber, lets see if I got anything good...


A lot of 2008 Upper Deck Spectrum cards are up first. There were 24 cards in the lot, that's roughly 1/4 of the base set, which for a set builder like myself, is pretty nice. In total 3,363 points. The seller also threw in some extra cards as wells, some 1998 Bowman and this 

2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy, Billy Martin #2315. This is from the massive 6,742 card set chronicling the history of Yankee Stadium. Yeah, I'm not tackling that set, ever.

2015 Topps insert lot. I got this lot mainly for the card above, Maddux Archetypes. Really close to finishing the insert set only a few cards remain. 2,064 points. Other cards in the lot were a Hank Aaron Highlight of the Year and Chris Pratt First pitch.

2011 Gypsy Queen Framed Bronze, Zack Greinke. I can't stand him as a pitcher, he's a complete tool, but I want to get all the cards from this parallel set, so regrettably I had to get this. Damn Gypsy Queen. *shakes my fist*  2,242 points.

2003 Upper Deck Vintage, Jim Edmonds. Much like Gypsy Queen, anything related to the 1965 Topps design is well loved by the blog, add in a Cardinal and that Cardinal is Jim Edmonds, I was going to go all-in on this and get it at any cost. 734 points was the cost. I was looking for a fight over this card.


Willie McGee, 1983 Fleer rookie card. Adding another Willie rookie to the collection, I'm still looking for the right time to strike at the '84 Topps rookie though. 896 points.

2012 Topps Chrome, Yadier Molina. Must I explain why I wanted this? 503 points.

Matt Cain, 2013 Topps Cut to the Chase. Another set I'd like to finish at some point, six are currently in my collection, only 42 to go! Yikes. 757 points.

David Freese, 2012 Topps Triple Threads Sepia, #'d 408/625. It seems like I will go after nearly any Freese card I come upon, I guess it's because he has one of greatest moments baseball history? That's not hyperbole either people. 1,510 points.

Craig Biggio, 6 card lot. When I see shiny cards, I get distracted, much like a dog with a squirrel. This lot was no exception, I saw a shiny card and put it in my watch list. The above is the shiny card and it's a 2014 Topps Archives Gold #'d 60/199. The other cards in the lot were a 1992 Stadium Club Dome, a 2007 Topps Hit Parade, 2014 Allen & Ginter, 2015 Gypsy Queen and a 2013 Panini USA Cavan Biggio. The Archives Gold being the standout of the lot. Only 666 points. A very good pick-up if you don't mind me saying.

Cubs, 2 card lot. First off, boo the Cubs. Boo. The card pictured is why I got it, it's a 2011 Heritage Alfonso Soriano. While not completely into starting the set, I'll pick up a few cards when I see fit. 499 points. The other card was an oddball of Antonio Alfonseca.

Adam Wainwright, 2015 Donruss Preferred Bronze. Shiny card and a Cardinal to boot. My scan of it sucks though.. 499 points.

David Freese, 2015 Topps 'Til It's Over. Yet another Freese and this card chronicling the moment I referred to above. Yay! 353 points.

Willie McCovey, 2012 Gypsy Queen Framed Gold. That scan sucks a little bit, but another parallel set I'd like to complete, probably never will though. They look a lot better in person than that scan. 3,870 points.

One more card left to show off and I thought for this new feature, I would save my favorite card of the week for last, just a heads up on future editions. So, my favorite card of the week from my Listia haul...

Ozzie Smith, 2005 Donruss Classics Timeless Tributes Silver #'d 52/100. That's a mouthful. Ozzie is my favorite player ever, I'm an avid collector of his cards, I had never seen this before and I wanted it when I saw it. I got it and yeah, it's an awesome card. 8,550 points. Worth every single one of those points as well.

That's it for this week's Listia, some solid stuff added to my collection for the cost of a few stamps. Looking ahead to next weekend and the stuff that hasn't come in yet....It looks good, there is something especially I can't wait to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment